Sunday 25 October 2015

The Lion King Cookies



Ohhh This was like going back in time :) I love Lion King and I think I have watched it a hundred times!!! So when I was asked to create for little Jan's 1st Bday this cute Lion King cookies I really couldn't wait to start painting them! It was such a great fun!! Just have a look :)

Ingredients:
makes approx. 25 medium cookies:
  • 200g butter
  • 200g brown sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 400g flour
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract or 1 package of vanilla sugar (15g)
  • edible food colorings - optional

The recipe for the Royal Icing is HERE.

Preparation:

Cookies: Preheat the oven at 180C. 
In a bowl of an electric mixer beet the butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy. Ad the egg, vanilla extract and mix until all combines. Now add the flour, cinnamon and mix until all ingredients come together. Take your dough out of the bowl and cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30min.
Take your dough out of the fridge, sprinkle some flour on the work surface and roll out the cookie dough to about 5mm thick. 
Using cookie cutters cut your cookie shapes and place them on baking trays lines with baking paper. 

Bake the cookies for about 12-15min, depending on their size or until they get a nice golden color. 

Leave them to cool down completely before decorating with royal icing or storing.
For the background of my cookies I used royal icing flooding consistency. Once the cookies are iced leave them for at least 8h for the royal icing to set. 

I have painted my cookies using always a dry brush and edible food colorings in gel.
Have fun!!! :) 



..ohhhh I adore this grumpy guy ;)




…and here they are just ready to be delivered :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment