Every time it is rainy and cold outside I fancy something sweet, something special which would give some flavor to this sad day! What else could cheer me up if not my fav caramel cookies!!! They are simply delicious!!! I am a big caramel lover and I love to enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee...although hot chocolate would be even better!
Recipe inspired by: Anna
For approx. large 18 cookies
- 120g all-purpose flour
- 2 packages of toffee instant pudding (40g each) if you don't have toffee pudding you can replace it with a vanilla pudding or with the same about of flour
- 2 spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100g white sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 6 large caramel candies (the amount of candies depend how big they are, mine were quote large so I have divided each candies in 3 peaces)
- 2 spoons white sugar (for rolling)
Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a cookie pan with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter in large mixing bowl and beat with a mixer for a few seconds. Add both sugars, egg and vanilla and mix all the ingredients until combined. Add all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa and baking soda, baking powder and combine everything together.
In your hands roll balls of dough. Place your caramel candy in the center of the dough and cover with more dough and roll again into a ball. Before placing your cookies on an baking tin dip them in white sugar. Place the cookies on the prepared baking tin, I was placing only 6 balls of dough because they will at least double their size :)
Bake for 9-10minutes, cool down for a few minutes and transfer onto a cooling rack.